Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Princess Half Marathon Weekend Medal Reveal

It's almost here!  We've been training throughout the winter and have endured some bone-chilling runs to get ourselves in shape to run like a princess.  With Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend approaching, Run Disney has given us a sneak peak of what's ahead for Princess Half Marathon Weekend.  It's so great, I want to hi-light (and scream and cheer about) it all.
First, we saw the 2016 New Balance reveal yesterday of their Run Disney shoes.  We've known for quite some time that Ariel from The Little Mermaid would be the featured Princess for this event- there were seashells and seahorses on the training shirts and Ariel and her friends were on the training cover photos released back in October by Run Disney. 





I'll be purchasing these shoes on Wednesday and can't wait to share my review and some close-ups!  Run Disney and New Balance have been great in the past about including fun details in all their collaboration shoes.  Below are pictures released of the shoe yesterday.  You know these shoes were made for a mermaid when they come straight from Ariel's Grotto.




To say that female race participants have been anxious for the medal reveal is an UNDERSTATEMENT!  After seeing the first medal reveal photo posted on social media, my notifications have been blowing up my phone!  It hasn't stopped vibrating for the past 30 minutes.  Well, here they are... The 2016 Princess Half Marathon medals.



First, I want to start by commenting that Run Disney truly outdid themselves by using images from Under The Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid as backdrop for the medals.  Snaps for Run Disney!  Even without the intricately themed ride, these medals speak for themselves.  They are absolutely gorgeous.  The fact that they are mermaid themed alone makes me SQUEAL WITH JOY!  I'm like a 12 year old-girl freaking out over the Backstreet Boys all over again.  I love that they went back to gold.  The 2015 Princess Half Marathon Weekend medals were featured in silver.  The purple and green ribbons look great and will match amazingly well with the New Balance sneakers.  I'm particularly a fan of the seashell on the 10k medal and the green gemstones on the Half Marathon medal.  The 5k was everything I thought it would be, especially since it uses the same image found on the 5k training cover photo. 

It's no secret that I'm a lover of all things mermaid.  When creating my blog, I contemplated the name "Mermaid Marathoner," but my friends already called me "Run Barbie" and it came off the tongue a little better.  The 2016 Princess Half Marathon Weekend is going to be one I'll never forget.  It's also my Mom's first Run Disney event!  She'll be participating in the 5k with me.  I can't wait for this weekend to get here and immerse myself in all the fun mermaid shenanigans. 


Good luck with the rest of your training, mermaids!


xoxo,
Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment